Are you ready for a change in your career/work life?
Ready to dive into a more meaningful role?
We’ve got opportunities for you!
- CASUALS NEEDED
- Part Time opportunities also available- please specify your preference for Part Time in your cover letter.
- Various Newcastle and Lake Macquarie locations
About the Role
This rewarding position within a positive, strengths based, and person-centred service will see you support individuals living with a disability to reach their potential and achieve their goals.
You will support household activities, medical and health needs, attending community events/activities, personal care, meal management, transport, communication, and managing emotions and behaviours.
Successful applicants will:
- Be open to having conversations & be a good listener, without judgement
- Show initiative & think outside the box
- Empower participants you support
- Completion of a pre-employment medical, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Working with Children Check, First Aid and a valid driver’s licence.
Why work with us?
Our team are the heart of what we do here at Samaritans. As part of the Samaritans team, you will have access to the following great benefits:
- Parental Leave (14 weeks + Super Contributions)
- Access to Fitness Passport gym membership
- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
- Career and development opportunities
- The opportunity to work within an innovative, collaborative team environment.
- Progressive organisation with a focus on advocacy and social justice.
For over 30 years Samaritans has been providing unconditional support to many different groups of people. Samaritans core values of compassion, integrity and justice continue to be central to everything we do.
Our vision is to build communities where there is care for the vulnerable and where each individual has the opportunity to contribute and participate fully in community life.
Samaritans promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
No agencies or third-party applications please.
So, what are you waiting for? Click on apply now to join our team!
For more information please visit www.samaritans.org.au or contact Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org